Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unexpected Eastern Wonders

Fu Xi - "In the Quiet Road" (2009)



This really came out of nowhere, I mean, no one really knows about any sort of a Chinese scene outside of Empylver and such. This is some wonderful folk/doom metal. The best way I could describe it is if Tenhi was from China and also liked distortion from time to time. Ethereal and wonderful.

Did I mention this album features extensive play of some of my favorite folk instruments, the erhu and the pipa? LOVE.

CLICK

Blogger's note: This is better than the whole Pest Productions crew. Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. OH THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was really hoping I would find this. I'll be sure to check out other things but Fu Xi is the reason I am here. It's like really somber Chinese music with heavy doom rock influence, or melodic Chinese doom, much appreciated. --Melton

    ReplyDelete